Join us for our Females Without Fear Life Mastery Featured Guest Series on WBTVN with Ms. Laura Abbott of Victims' Rights Arkansas will be sharing her PHENOMENAL story and outreach efforts.
About Laura Abbott:
Ms. Laura Abbott, is employed as a school teacher. Ms Abbott is a victims’ rights activist. Ms. Abbott has collaborated with the Arkansas Attorney General Office, Administrative Office of the Courts, Arkansas Department of Corrections, Arkansas Coalition Against Domestic Violence, and Law Enforcement on the creation of a state wide victims’ rights and resources card in Arkansas.
Ms. Abbott partnered with stakeholders in the creation of the Arkansas state wide lethality assessment. Ms. Abbott’s role as a Health Educator allowed teaming with the Arkansas Department of Education regarding teen healthy/ dating violence relationship education. In 2014, Laura was honored with a Health Teacher of the Year award. She has testified in front of the Arkansas General Assembly. In 2015, she was appointed by Governor Asa Hutchinson to the Arkansas Commission on Child Abuse/ Rape/ Domestic Violence.
In 2016, Laura, served on the Arkansas Legislative Subcommittee on Child Abuse Prevention. In 2012, a near fatal attack by Laura’s spouse brought to reality the valuable and life restoring empowerment and protections of victims’ rights.
• University of Central Arkansas, MSE Secondary School Leadership
• Recipient of both an Arkansas Senate Citation and Arkansas House of Representative Citation for work by an Arkansan on behalf of the citizens of the state of Arkansas.
• Selected as one of 31 portraits of the International Unconventional Apology Project
• Grassroots organizer and speaker for victims’ rights reform in Arkansas
• Centers for Healing Hearts & Spirits advocacy award
• The Power of Foundation advocacy award
• Collaborator on Victims’ Rights and Domestic Violence public policy